I'm fascinated by aspects of life that are just beneath the surface, things that are beyond the edge of what we can see or feel physically.
J Thorn is a Top 100 Most Popular Author in Horror, Science Fiction, and Fantasy, with his bestselling books selling over 100,000 copies.
- An overview of J's writing including the Portal Arcane series. His books have an edge of horror, thriller and some science fiction.
- J's About page says, “I believe reading dark fiction can be healing,” and so we talk about what lies behind this. About J's background and how he didn't fit in where he lived. He used to walk in the woods there, even in the middle of the night, and these experiences shaped his writing. I talk about the difficulty of ‘stepping out of the box' that society puts us in.
- Dealing with fear of judgement. We discuss our respective journeys to writing what we really love.
- Our mutual interest in occult and mysticism. How J's research of the Salem witch trials led him into learning about this side of things, and how it appears in his books.
- The books and films that have influenced J's writing. How he likes stories when you never see the monster. How we both love Stephen King.
- On sleeping well and psychological wellness 🙂
- On redemption – one of J's main themes – and how that can happen after death, if not in this lifetime. On faith and how our past influences our writing.
You can find J at JThorn.net and his latest book is the Black Fang Betrayal. [Read more…] about Why Reading And Writing Dark Fiction Can Be Healing With J Thorn