As part of the launch for my latest thriller Crypt of Bone [at the time of this interview, the book was published as Prophecy], YA author Natalie Wright interviewed me about the book and my inspirations for ideas as well as my writing processes. The video is 15:37 mins long and there's an audio below if you would rather listen.
You can also download the audio here => JoannaPennInterview.mp3
In the video, we discuss:
- Tell us about Prophecy, an action-adventure romp
- How did you come up with your protagonist, Morgan Sierra, who is a kick-ass, smart, sexy woman who can fight? I talk about how Morgan is my fantasy alter-ego. We also talk about who would play the roles of Morgan and Jake in the movie version of the novel.
- Where did the evil organization Thanatos come from?
- On art history, religious symbolism and historic places. How much time does it take me to research and why am I obsessed by these things? How I found the Devil's Bible and synchronicity.
- On the God Helmet and some of the aspects that are real-life but have been twisted for the story
- Have I been to all the places I write about? How I use Flickr for research. The symbolism of place.
- My writing process is more set now I am working on the 3rd novel, Exodus. I explain how I work.
- Where is the ARKANE series going?
Prophecy is available on Amazon Kindle for $2.99
Thanks to Natalie Wright, author of Emily's House, for the interview.
[…] the interview with Layton, there is a short interview with me talking about Prophecy with YA author Natalie Wright, on my own influences and whether kick-ass protagonist Morgan Sierra really is my […]